Our client, a well established and market leading manufacturing company, has a new requirement for an installation manager for their service/installation department at their busy Rustington site.
To be responsible for project planning and delivering of installation projects. This includes contractor management and the H&S safety of the engineers. This role also involves technical support for the service department and engineers.
These are listed under separate headings and are not in priority order:
- To run the installation projects and liaise with customers and contractors
- To carry out site surveys including the production of method statements and risk assessments
- To be responsible for ordering materials, maintaining and reviewing relationships with material/ fitting suppliers
- To maintain an appropriate stock level of materials and fittings in the warehouse and engineers’ vans
- To support the Quality Manager with Health and Safety and quality control procedures pertaining to the Service Department
- To carry out audits including regular checks on the working practices of the engineers through active monitoring
- To ensure the Health & Safety training and documentation is maintained and up to date for engineers.
- To assist the Service Director at department meetings
- To manage engineers’ tooling and equipment i.e. PPE, calibration, PAT testing
- To maintain the relevant area of the company’s technical library, distributing technical update to the engineers
- To ensure that all relevant operating procedures, work instructions and risk assessments are kept up to date and that the team members are regularly updated with any changes
- To manage the contractors in terms of their health and safety, their working practices, their diaries, their on-boarding, resource levels and conduct meetings as required
Office automation policies and procedures
- Familiarity with office equipment appropriate to the job
- Familiarity with company policies and procedures as specified on Consense
Health & Safety and Quality
To ensure that quality and H&S is maintained at all times. Policies and procedures are followed in line with, ISO 9001:2000, ISO 14000, OHSAS 18001, Investors in People and the H&S policy
- Provide H&S leadership, with the support of the Health & Safety consultant ensuring that engineers comply fully with H&S legislation
- To ensure that risk assessments, SSW’s are conducted; to have an awareness of situations that may lead to H&S issues and take action to minimise risks
Background insimilar role or HVAC industry
Good working knowledge of industry standards and practices
Experience of liaising with contractors, suppliers, customers and engineers on a regular basis
Minimum GCSE Grade A-C in Maths and English
Knowledge, understanding and positive approach to health and safety and quality procedures and how to apply them to the job
Excellent organisational skills
- Leadership – to work enthusiastically and with a passion for the business. In doing so, to provide a good leadership for others in the department, generating commitment and a shared sense of purpose, with a desire to foster the personal and professional development of team members.
- Initiative – to show initiative, identifying or anticipating current or future challenges and opportunities. To take a proactive approach to addressing opportunities or taking preventative measures to avoid problems, and to recognise when support, advice or guidance should be sought from the Directors or other sources.
- Organisation – the ability to work in a well-organised way, logically and methodically with good attention to detail.
- Self-management – to be able to prioritise and plan work, but to be able to respond quickly to changing circumstances and to reorganise and reprioritise work as needs change.
- Self -development – to have the desire and motivation to build on existing knowledge and skills and be receptive to new ideas and change.
- Confidentiality – to recognise the importance of confidentiality and discretion with respect to staff, contractors and company information.
- Communication – to have good communication skills and, to be able to listen actively to others people’s points of view, creating a climate for open communication.
- Collaboration – to be able to work collaboratively with colleagues when appropriate, having the willingness and ability to work co-operatively and supportively, developing positive, open working relationships in order to solve problems and to achieve business goals.
- Drive – to have an awareness of ‘continuous improvement’ and to proactively seek ways of improving current thinking and/or processes that might benefit the business.
- Confidence – to have the belief in one’s own ability and judgement and confidence to express views in challenging circumstances for the benefit of the business. The confidence should be justified, based on past experience or backed up by professional expertise.
- To hold a valid current driving licence
This job description reflects the immediate requirements of the post. As the post develops and changes the post holder will be required to carry out other responsibilities
Mon to Fri 39 hours per week standard. Overtime paid at premium rate where required.
Rustington Recruitment is an employment agency.